Monday, July 28, 2008

Filoli House

MJ and I visited the Filoli House for her birthday. I had visited the Muckross House in Killarney Ireland last year, and it was my favorite thing on the trip. The Muckross House was purchased by the owners of Filoli, the Bourn's, for their daughter as a wedding gift. The Grand Ballroom at Filoli is painted with murals of the Muckross Estate. I was curious to see the connections between the two estates, and Filoli lived up to expectation.


This tree was beautiful, massive in size with drooping branches that touched the brick walk beneath it.


There are many gardens at Filoli. This patch of lavender was among my favorite.

Not too shabby, huh?


I loved this French bicycle parked in the shaded path.

My ideal kitchen. One of two adjacent kitchens inside the Filoli House.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Such a nice day! Thanks for taking me there!